Oracle Food and Beverage RES 3700
Current version: Oracle RES 3700 5.7, CS Gold Interface 4.02.13, Odyssey Interface 19.1.1
Next version: TBD from Oracle
Highlights: RES 3700 version 5.7 supports Windows 2016 server enhancements for personal information privacy and data removal. Full release notes: https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E94131_01/doc.57/e95331/toc.htm
Oracle Hospitality Simphony
Current version: Oracle Simphony 18.2, CS Gold Interface 19.2.1
Next version: TBD from Oracle
- Simphony 18.2 Client Application Loader (CAL) deployment updates, menu item tax class override, and many other enhancements included in full release notes: https://docs.oracle.com/cd/F10429_01/doc.182/f10133/toc.htm
- CS Gold Interface 19.2.1 supports serial scanner input for card media (Mobile Reader or GET CBORD Student credential), and non-zero items are no longer allowed with a fixed-price meal
- Odyssey Interface 19.1.1 now supports board-only mode (continuous swipe)
Current version: Appetize 4.6.2/4.6.6
Next version: Appetize 4.8
- Activate 4.6.2 includes fixes to automatic or on-demand printing, mag stripe reader errors, scale connectivity issues, and tax rounding per item (vs. by subtitle).
- Activate 4.6.6 better supports the use of external ID readers (RFIdeas), requiring fewer screen taps to speed up service.
Current version: Mobile Inventory 19.05.04
Highlights: The CBORD food and nutrition solutions team continues to develop the mobile platform.
- Version 19.05 introduces mobile administration for handling security, rights, and permission
- Add-on issues and transfers module available for Mobile Inventory users
- Scanning supported for both Android and iOS devices
- Add-on module for receiving invoices on mobile devices in development for Mobile Inventory users
Menu Display Interface
Current version: Menu Display Interface 19.06.04
Highlights: Service menu data, nutrition, allergens, and other traits can feed an electronic menu board through the Menu Display Interface API.
Highlights: The new retail menu planning tool is in development. The tool will streamline the menu planning process and allow users to plan retail menus in a week-at-a-glance view by serving station or by service course. It will provide more transparency to view allergens and special dietary items (i.e. vegetarian, Kosher) to ensure adequate offerings to meet dietary needs.
Current version: C-Store 19.7
- POS items can be created in C-Store at the MICROS property level. This is useful for C-Stores that manage their items at the individual stores rather than the enterprise.
- The next generation C-Store application is in development and will have a new UI that improves workflow for system administrators when creating and maintaining items. It will also include a mobile component for inventory, ordering, and receiving to manage the stores' operations.
We continue to stay current on all new versions of Oracle F&B Simphony, RES 3700, and Appetize point of sale. The team is progressing on CS Gold and Odyssey payment integration to Xenial NEXTEP kiosks for use with Oracle F&B Simphony and RES, and we're planning a pilot of NEXTEP kiosks this summer.
Oracle Food and Beverage:
Current versions: Oracle Simphony 18.2 (cloud and premise-based) for both CS Gold and Odyssey PCS; Oracle Simphony 1.7.6 for both CS Gold and Odyssey PCS, RES 3700 version 5.6
- Odyssey Interface version 19.1.3 adds support for Board mode to better support operations where most payments are done with a board (meal) tender.
- CS Gold Interface 18.4.1 for Simphony modified the method of offline transaction uploads, RepeatFixedPrice Meal mode and SVC Deposits. In addition, support was added for the CodeMap SVC Deposit Refund.
Current version: 4.5.9
Next version: 4.6.0
Highlights: Appetize now supports the ELO i-Series V2 and PayPoint V2 point-of-sale hardware.