Project Bullet Train
In March, we launched a major development project to improve our housing product. This increased investment has allowed us to accelerate the transition from Odyssey HMS to ResCenter. We are very excited that Dave Tubman has returned to the team to assist support and development with case resolution, bug fixes, and other maintenance.
In addition, Phil Parrish has completed a project that helped us identify problem areas and make the changes necessary to address them. In parallel, Sarah Hardy has been able to jumpstart the new development effort and investment. We are now entering the second phase of the project and are excited to show our progress at UGC this October.
In ResCenter version 19.1, we released the ability for a housing admin and a student to communicate using ResCenter Communication Center and GET CBORD Student through the Conversations module. The student web piece and our collaboration with the GET CBORD Student mobile app has been our current focus. This is the most exciting part! Students will be able to use the app to communicate with housing staff and perform any housing functions necessary. Additionally, one of our goals is to offer a hosted solution in 2020.
To facilitate improved communications, we have three ways to engage with our clients:
- Product Update Website - Quarterly updates will be posted about our higher education solutions.
- Aha! Ideas Portal - Through this tool, you can submit enhancement requests directly to Sarah Hardy and be notified when an enhancement travels from an idea to a release. An email has already been sent to housing clients with login information. If you no longer have the email or need assistance, please contact Sarah Hardy at email@example.com.
- CBORD Community Forum - We launched a new web-based forum to share ideas and best practices with clients from across the country. Use your CBORD Support credentials to log in and view or create product-specific discussions. This is a great tool to communicate with other housing clients.
Current version: ResCenter 19.2 (available for general release)
Next version: ResCenter 19.4 (in development)
Highlights: The ResCenter Tasks module has gotten a facelift! We removed the inefficient tabs on the Tasks page, and ResCenter now has a wizard to walk users through the steps to set up a new task, view an existing task, or make edits.
The CBORD housing team is working to complete the transition from HMS to ResCenter and provide a hosted solution by Q2 2020. We will focus on the student web portion of the housing product for the rest of this year. This student-facing component is being worked into our overall initiative to help you deliver an exceptional experience to your students!
Current version: 19.1 (available for general release)
Next version: 19.2 (in development)
The ResCenter login process now features improved security. As a result of this change, ResCenter users are required to update their password upon first login to ResCenter after upgrading to v18.3 or higher.
ResCenter Communications Module:
- Patron Module:
- A Bulk Communication option has been added to communicate, either by email or printed document, to multiple patrons. The Bulk Communication page uses the Advanced Find function for users to search for patrons. The Bulk Communication Outbox provides a detailed record of Bulk Email and Printed Document Communication messages. For each message, a user can view a record and result of each step of the communication process.
- When viewing the Communication Items grid on the Patron > Communications tab, there is an optional Tags column to display any tags associated with the template of a patron message. Tags can be used to organize your communications.
- The new Conversations function allows a ResCenter user to send and receive instant messages with patrons who have a GET CBORD Student account. For an institution's staff members, Conversations can be used to request or send information to a patron quickly. Similarly, by sending messages with Conversations, patrons can communicate efficiently and securely with staff members from the GET CBORD Student website or the GET CBORD Student app on a mobile device. Before using the Conversations function, an institution must have an active Contact Management license and the GET CBORD Student product.
- Facilities Module:
- "Add Facilities" Page Performance has been improved upon in our effort to increase efficiency in the ResCenter product.
- Manual Assignment and Change Room Facility search performance has been improved to shorten search times.